Shepherding the Lambs has moved!

Old content remains on Blogger......CLICK HERE to read up-to-date posts.



Sunday, June 20, 2010

This all started when...

...I was searching the internet for schooling materials. Previously I have used traditional methods and materials for teaching some subjects to our children, unit study approaches for others. This was labor intensive and there is a lot of unnecessary 'busy' work involved in the traditional method of schooling, but this is what I had been using and was familiar with.

Then I discovered 'notebooking'. I decided this was a better method for us so I began to aquire these types of materials both through purchase and free offers. Notebooking Pages quickly became a favorite site. [See link at right. They have some free materials, very good collections for purchase and excellent explanations and helps =).] The other day I was checking Debra's blog for new posts when I noticed her reference to Digi Scrap Kits [Also linked at right.] I decided to check out this site and was wowed right away by the graphics produced by Trina Clark and her Friends. I knew many of these would make cute notebooking style 'school' pages for my preschool children. They like to 'do school' the way the older children do and I had been only offering them dot-to-dots, coloring pages and the like. But they really are beginning their academic education at that age so why not offer them something worth while, right? Lots of ideas for the notebooking pages began swimming around in my head. Then I thought; "Maybe other moms would benefit from my ideas, too." So...

I have launched this blog to offer suggestions and free resources for moms to use in occupying their 'little lambs' in a profitable manner. I hope you can find things that are useful to you. Please let me know if you do. And if you have suggestions or requests I would like to hear those, too.

I plan to post each Sunday, so check back often to stay updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 



Powered by Blogger

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com